Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Whoopsies, a really late Tteokbokki Tuesday

My apologies friends. The holidays have been a hectic time and I become a bit of a hermit during the winter, so I'm sorry I haven't been very good about keeping up with this. I am still not convinced that I have evolved beyond hibernation, but that's another story. Anyways  I wanted to share some pictures from my last Busan adventure before I head off to Japan for my vacation. I promise to write a nice long post upon my return.

So without further adieu, here are some pictures from my Seokbulsa temple adventure.



Seokbulsa is one of Busan's smaller temples. Starting from Geumgan park we opted to climb our way up rather than take the cable car, and what a climb it was! From the top we continued laterally along the mountain until we reached a small village (follow signs for south gate 남 몬 and naman village) , a collection of restaurants really, for lunch. Beware these mountain top restaurants are pricey! After lunch we left the village and went down into the valley, following the river before heading back up to the temple. (Head to the foot volleyball courts and turn left, continue along the river till you reach a paved road, turn right and continue past the work out park). All in all in took us about 3 1/2 hours to reach the temple. The temple itself is quaint. Walking around the entirety of it, including time for pictures took between 15 - 20 minutes. The images hewn into the rock face were spectacular to behold but felt disproportionately spectacular to the amount of hiking and huffing I had to do to get there. I would suggest the cable car unless you are in the mood for a day long venture. 

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment