Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Liebster Award Nomination

Hey guys! I've been nominated for the Liebster blogging award. It is a way for lesser known bloggers to get to know each other. Apparently it helps get the word out about your blog.

I was nominated by Claire Wang from Adventure at Work. I know her through Aileen Adalid's travel group on Facebook (I am Aileen). Thanks to both for this opportunity to get to know the blogging community.



Here are my question answers:

How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging for about a year now.

Can you give 11 random facts/pieces of trivia about yourself?
1. I trained in Muay Thai for about four years, but recently quit due to issues with my gym. Hopefully I'll be able to start again once I move.
2. Along the same vein, I once fought in a Thai boxing match. I won! The video is actually on YouTube somewhere.
3. I have family all over the world, including: Italy, Puerto Rico, South Africa, the UAE, and the USA.
4. I love reading to the point where it is kind of an addiction. I regularly stay up until the wee hours of the morning to finish a good book.
5. I used to live on a farm where we owned seven horses, two cows, three dogs, and two cats.
6. My favorite TV shows are: Supernatural, Doctor Who (though only up through Ten's run), The Walking Dead, Helix, Firefly, and Avatar the Last Airbender.
7. My guilty pleasure would either be period romance movies or B horror movies.
8. I wish I had natural red hair.
9. I have Bachelor degrees in Psychology and Crime, Law, and Justice.
10. I believe the Oxford comma is not an option and will fight to the death about it.
11. I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up (which is a problem since I am technically an adult).

What is your favorite travel story?
This is a hard one. I would probably say when my best friend Jessi and I decided to do a Star Wars photo shoot at the house we were house sitting in New Zealand. We dressed up in our best spur of the moment Star Wars outfits and took absolutely ridiculous photos. I will include one for your viewing pleasure.

This is what true friendship looks like...

What do you love most about blogging?
I like having this chronicle of my life and adventures to look back on. My memory is not the greatest, and pictures help me remember things. Add writing to the pictures and this blog is like a memory bank of my travels.

Do you prefer to camp, stay in hostels, or travel luxuriously?
I do prefer hotels to camping for sure. I hate camping. Tents make me claustrophobic and Supernatural has made me a bit afraid of Wendigos. I've never stayed in a hostel, yet, so I can't comment on that. My absolute favorite is staying with someone I know in their home.

Why do you travel?
I travel for the sense of adventure. I've always loved adventure and fantasy movies, and travel makes me feel like I'm on a Lord of the Rings adventure.

What is the one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
I really really want to visit Iceland. It looks like something out of a fairy tale. I think I would run around the whole time pretending I was on a fantasy adventure. Plus, natural beauty is what I enjoy most when I travel. Iceland is chock full of that.

You are stranded on a deserted island-what is the one thing you couldn't live without?
I'm going to avoid the obvious survival answers (like a boat). I think I would want to have a favorite book with me, or a whole library if that was an option.

If money were no object, what would you do with your life?
I would obviously travel the world. Other than that, I think I would start a bunch of charities for things that I care about.

What is your favorite dish from abroad?
I think I'm going to go with butter toast and kaya. Man I loved that stuff. I could eat it every day for breakfast.

Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Oh goodness. I have no idea. Maybe in grad school? Or perhaps finished with it. Definitely not here.


Well there are my answers! I have no idea how big of a deal this Liebster Award is, but if it introduces me to some new bloggers to follow (or introduces me to some followers), I'm in.


Now for my nominations:
Xam at To Infinity and Beyond
Celina at Voguebites
Sarah at Not My Taboo


I only found three people interested in being nominated, so I only nominated three. The spirit is what matters, so I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment