Saturday, August 1, 2015

Photo Sunday: A Brief Trip to Pittsburgh

I know it is Saturday, not Sunday, but I am traveling the next couple days. It is time to take YC's parent to New York to fly back to Singapore. Tomorrow we leave for a night in Bethlehem and then on to NYC the next day. I'm not sure I will have enough time to write tomorrow, so instead Photo Sunday is a day early!

Plus this post will be a tad longer than my typical Photo Sunday.

YC and I at the Waterfront



YC's parents wanted to see Pittsburgh, so we drove down for a short trip. We ate yummy seafood at Roland's on the strip before YC's parents dragged us to an outlet mall. Neither YC nor I enjoy shopping, so we just goofed off.

In the evening we visited the Waterfront. Not going to lie, my favorite part was finding really cheap books at the Barnes and Nobles there. I bought The Ghost Bride and The Midnight Rose. Both historical fiction pieces. I've already finished the first, and I liked it quite a lot though it was not what I anticipated.

The next morning we met up with one of my friends from college that lives in Pittsburgh for lunch. We ate at the Conflict Kitchen. I had heard of it before, but hadn't realized it was in Pittsburgh. If you haven't heard of it, the Conflict Kitchen only serves food from countries the United States are in conflict with. The country changes each month. July was Cuba, though we are on much better terms with them now. I love Cuban food, so I was pumped.

If you're ever in Pittsburgh, I suggest trying out the Conflict Kitchen. The food is quite cheap and yummy, plus you will learn something from the quotes on the boxes. I'm hoping that next time I'm down there the food is Middle Eastern, since I haven't tried the cuisine from that area.

According to my friend: Hogwarts

Right next to Conflict Kitchen is the University of Pitt, which houses this gorgeous building. My friend was right, it is practically Hogwarts. The inside is full of arches, high ceilings, and random staircases. We only spent ten minutes looking around, but I could have happily spent hours. I want to walk around the university and all of its pretty buildings and parks next time I'm in the city as well.


So there you have it. Extended Photo Sunday on Saturday with TWO pictures!

Have any of you been to Pittsburgh? Did you like the city? Have you tried Conflict Kitchen?

-Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment