Monday, October 26, 2015

A Weekend in Baltimore

Look at me, two posts in one day.
You're welcome.

A weekend in Baltimore wasn't much time, especially with only one full day. We really went to visit family though, so sightseeing was a secondary priority. Family-wise, this weekend was jam packed.

Probably the coolest thing we saw.




I think my favorite sightseeing moment was visiting Edgar Allan Poe's grave. I'm not as huge of a history dork as Hope, but there's something about seeing something historically significant that is just inspiring.

I'm not a huge Poe fan myself, but I enjoyed visiting his grave.

The whole graveyard is quite interesting, which graves so old they're nearly worn away. Not going to lie, the place is rather creepy.

A apparently gravity defying slab.

The graves of children from one family, as you can see they were very young.

Our other big tourist moment was going down to the harbor and walking up Capitol Hill.

The view was definitely worth a visit. Baltimore is an attractive city.

Look how pretty the harbor is.

That building is adorable.

We also ate some crab, of course, which was delicious. I hate cracking them open though, so my second cousin did it for me. She likes to "tear those suckers apart".

While I didn't see a whole ton of Baltimore, I got to spend a lot of quality time with my family. I'll definitely have to go down to visit again, and to see more of the city.

All in all, I had a lovely weekend, and I enjoyed my taste of Baltimore.


Have you been to Baltimore? Any suggestions for where to visit on my next trip?
-Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment