Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Photo Sunday: Brazillian Jiu-jitsu Tournament

Hey all! Sorry my Photo Sunday post is, once again, late. I haven't been home much the past couple of days.
So here is your Tuesday Photo Sunday!


On Saturday I rode up to Edinboro to see YC compete in a submission only Brazilian jui-jitsu tournament. It was his first tournament as a blue belt; he'd only been promoted that week.
He did amazing. Each of his five matches was over twenty minutes long, which is an insanely long time to grapple.
He was a bit disappointed since he only won one match, but his form looked great and twenty minutes is a seriously long time. Not to mention all the other blue belts had been at that level for much longer.

Moral of the story: YC is awesome at BJJ.

I really enjoyed watching the tournament. As a striker myself, I didn't really know what was going on most of the time. I enjoyed it nonetheless. Watching people who really love BJJ roll is definitely worth trying sometime. I suggest hitting up a tournament.

The roads were scary and icy on the way up, but we made it safely and the trip was worth it.


Any of you do BJJ? Or Muay Thai like me? Ever watch any martial arts tournaments? Hit me up in the comments!
-Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment