Monday, November 24, 2014

Tteokbokki Tuesday: Seoul

So this past weekend I took my second trip up to Seoul. I went with some friends from Busan and we had a ball. I shall write at greater length about my trip soon. But for now pictures. The first picture requires some background. So we left right after work on Friday and thus decided to have a potluck dinner on the train. Our dinner consisted of gimbap, peanut butter crackers, nuts, fruit, fruit by the foot and what I am calling Korea's fruit cake. We also had some soju and sprite (or lemonade) to wash it all down with. We thought it was awesome that they let you bring drinks on the train.
Anyway here is a pizza of the fruitcake pizza thing.

It was essentially this doughy bread with assorted fruit, peas and a mystery substance on top.


We also walked along Cheonggyecheon stream and saw some of the paper lanterns and sculptures from Seoul's lantern festival. It was not quite as impressive by day or as epic as the one we visited in Jinju because the stream is not as impressive. 


 I thought this one looked like Harry's Patronus. 

All in all I had a great time in Seoul, albeit an exhausting one. But to be honest it was the people I was with that made the weekend, big cities are just big cities to me after a certain point. More on that later. 

What are your thoughts on visiting cities? Pros? Cons? 
What are your favorite cities to visit?

Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment